What is the Contact Form block?
The Contact Form block allows you to add a form for your customers to contact you with questions or comments. You can choose what fields are displayed, and which ones are required. Your website or template, most likely already has one built into the contact page, but you can add an additional (maybe with less fields) contact form on your home page or another page on your website. This help guide will explain the options with the Contact Form block.
How to add the Contact Form block:
- In the the website editor, go to the panel on the left and find Current Page.
- Under Current Page, click the + icon to the right of the row you wish to add the Contact Form.
- In the Select Block Type pop up window, click on Contact Form.
- After you have clicked on Catalog, the Select Block Type pop-up window will disappear, and you will see the new block added last in the row in the left panel, and it will be highlighted in blue.
How to edit the Contact Form block:
- In the left-hand panel, find the Contact Form block.
- Click the pencil icon to the right of the Contact Form block.
- The Contact Form editor window will display.
- Within the editor you will see all the properties you can set for the Contact Form block:
- Email Notification - Will send an email to the address you select. (Learn how to add/edit contacts)
NOTE: To send to multiple email addresses, use a comma between email addresses. e.g.: email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reply Message - Automatically sends an email message to your customer after they submit the Contact Form. The message you enter here will be displayed in the body of the email message.
- Form Submitted Message - This message is displayed to the customer on your website upon submitting the Contact Form.
- Select which form fields to show - Put check marks in the fields you want to display on your Contact Form. Uncheck any fields you do not want to display.
- Select additional form fields to require - You can choose additional fields that will be required to be filled in by selecting them here.
NOTE: First Name and Last Name, and Email are always required fields.
Below is an example of a Contact Form that notifies two email addresses, has a reply message and form submitted message, and requires the phone number to be entered: