Rules allow you to configure specific option choices that may not be chosen during the ordering process based upon the selection of certain options.
For example: A user selects a pen barrel that is red; you do not allow a "red" imprint color on a "red" barreled pen. Using this feature, you will set up a rule that states when a user selects a barrel color of "red" that the imprint color "red" will not be available.
To enter a new Rule:
- Go to the Products menu
- Click on Advanced Features
- Click on Rules
- Choose one of the "Rule Types" and click Edit to the right
- Choose the Add New Rule button
- Enter a name for the rule, and a description
- Choose the type of options to which this rule applies - (it will take affect if this option type is selected)
- Choose the Option type affected by the rule - (the rule will alter this option type if the above is selected)
- Click Save
- You will see the "Options Affected" tab appear under "Main Rule Info", click on Options Affected
- In the left box, choose the option to which the rule applies - (if will take affect if this exact option is selected)
- In the right middle box, select the options affected by the rule - (it will alter this exact option, if the above option is selected)
- In the far right box, click the Save button